Sunday, July 19, 2015

Old WIP's

In the spirit of sharing, I'm posting a couple of old WIP's to display my working method. My method will vary depending on the size, subject and medium(s) used. This one is an acrylic painting on gessoed illustration board. The completed size is 30" x 20". With most of my work I beging with a clean "linear" drawing, or a skeleton, on which to build my values, tones, hilites and shadows. Without a clean base it's pretty difficult to execute a decent painting, unless your name is Michealangelo or something, lol. I usually do a small acrylic study to base the larger piece on. The small study can be seen in the second photo below.

2 comments:

  1. Good painting Norbert. Plenty of ooomph in there both in speed and colour.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Neil! That was a quick reply, much appreciated coming from an artist of your talent! See you on Wetcanvas!

    ReplyDelete