Sunday, July 19, 2015

Porsche Card WIP

Another old WIP, showing the development of a Porsche themed greeting card that was done for a Porsche dealership. This one is based on a pencil drawing I did quite a number of years ago. The client wanted me to portray a Porsche 914, his favourite model, and in several colours. This called for a digital treatment. The original car was painted in gouache, in red. Once I scanned it into the computer, I was able to manipulate the colours to create multiple versions for printing. Step one is to place the original design into Photoshop as a template to create the background. The background will be built using layers of colour. The following few photos illustrate the process utilizing layers in photoshop in order to keep the file fairly organized. The original 911 is erased out to make room for the new image to come later. The final file must be saved as a high resolution file, 300dpi, cmyk format. I decided to add a canvas texture to the piece to enhance the painterly quality I was looking for. A digital file can be easliy sent to a printer via ftp and delivered to the client once they're printed.

No comments:

Post a Comment